Whether you choose small business certification or not, expert consultants are available to coach you through creating business startup or growth solutions.
The consultation process includes an appointment with an MBECA lead consultant in order to ensure the assistance you are requesting is in line with program guidelines. If capable, MBECA lead consultants will work directly with you on your project. If you are requesting specialized assistance outside of the MBECA consultant’s area of expertise, we will identify approved agents to assist you. Clients may recommend their own agents, however certain criteria must be met including the following:
- Agents must complete a certified registered application form with MBECA.
- Agents must be Louisiana owned and operated businesses (some exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis).
- Agents must agree to comply with MBECA rate-setting and payment standards.
- Agents will be required to submit appropriate progress reports, timelines, and other required documentation to maintain program compliance.
- Agents will have to provide proof of active status business filing and may be required to provide proof of insurance, industry-specific licenses, certifications, or work permits.
- Preference is given to agents who are SEBD, VES, or Hudson Initiative certified and that are located in the city or parish of the business seeking assistance.
- Other requirements may apply.
Work must not begin prior to any approved project. Any work that begins prior to the certification, assessment and consultation process will not be considered for the program. MBECA has the sole right to refuse any agent failing to meet its standard of practice.